Wednesday, February 12, 2014

BOURJOIS FOUNDATION COLLECTION

I used to only use high-end/department store foundations (mostly from Lancome).  I still love Lancome foundations, but I've found that there are pretty awesome foundations at the drugstore.  I learned about the brand Bourjois from watching Lisa Eldridge's makeup tutorials. Apparently, Bourjois owns Chanel, so Bourjois foundations are very similar to those from Chanel. Unfortunately, Bourjois makeup isn't sold in stores in the US, but we can order it online. My favorite retailers are ASOS and LifeandLooks.  I've also found it on Amazon and eBay.

I currently have three Bourjois foundations: the 123 Perfect, Healthy Mix, and Heathy Mix Serum.

The 123 Perfect has the most matte finish out of the three and is medium coverage. It has three pigments that help color correct: yellow for correcting dark circles, mauve for to brighten, and green to counteract redness.  I enjoy using this foundation, and find it long lasting, but the finish can be a bit dull, especially in the winter. Since I have oily/combination skin I tend to favor matte foundations, but I don't want my skin to look flat and dull. However, once I add a nice bright blush and bronzer and/or highlighter, it looks quite nice.

The Healthy Mix foundation is my favorite. It has a semi-matte, satin finish and is similar to the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. It really gives the skin a flawless finish and is long lasting. I have it in two colors. I wear 51 light vanilla in the winter and 52 vanilla in the summer. I sometimes mix the 123 Perfect with the Healthy Mix foundation to get a finish that's matte but still has a nice radiance.

The Healthy Mix Serum the lightest coverage of the three. I'd say it has slightly more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, but is buildable. It has a nice radiant finish, and I use this one in the summer when I want a lighter coverage.I definitely need to set this one with a powder though!

No comments:

Post a Comment