Monday, February 10, 2014

FRENCH SKINCARE FAVORITES #1



Avene Antirougeurs Mask //

The Claims / Product Info: This ultra-soothing repair mask provides immediate comfort by cooling, calming, and restoring skin. Relieves warmth, redness, inflammation and irritation. Ruscus extract calms irritation while reducing redness. Sucralfate and vitamin E help to repair and protect weakened skin. Avène Thermal Spring Water soothes the skin with natural minerals. Fragrance-free, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic.
My Experience: I have generally well-behaved skin, but occasionally my skin acts up and I get patches of irritation and redness. I've found this mask to be a very effective treatment. It is different from other masks I've used in that it is colorless and blends right into the skin. I leave it on for hours in the evening and love the calming effect it has on my skin. 

Avene Triacneal //

The Claims / Product Info:Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections and signs of aging. Works to reduce inflammation associated with acne. Glycolic Acid exfoliates and retexturizes the skin for a smoother complexion.
My Experience: I love to exfoliate my skin since I find that it helps clean out my pores and keep acne at bay, but abrasive cleansing scrubs can be damaging to the skin. This contains glycolic acid which is a chemical exfoliant, which is said to be a safer alternative. I've found it to be effective in making my skin smoother and softer. Hopefully it will also help stave off wrinkles in the future! 

Caudalie Beauty Elixir //

The Claims / Product Info: Part-toner, part-serum mist of essential oils and plant active ingredients. Smooths the skin, tightens the pores, and provides an instant burst of radiance, as it stimulates microcirculation.
My Experience: This is one of the most unique products I have ever used. The scent is so calming and refreshing. I love to use this as a makeup setting spray or before bedtime. I'm not sure if it actually tightens pores and smooths the skin, but I love using it. I've already repurchased it from Birchbox (unfortunately, for much more than I paid in Paris)!

Bioderma Crealine H2O //

The Claims / Product Info: Make-up remover and cleansing solution without perfume. Solution of fatty acid esters, enables dirt to be emulsified and surface hydrolipidic film to be reconstituted. Soothing and emolliant, thanks to cucumber extract. Non detergent, non foaming, neutral pH. Soap free.
My Experience: I am still kicking myself for not buying a larger bottle (or two) of this! It is the most gentle yet effective makeup remove I have ever used. It feels just like water and leaves no residue. Seriously considering purchasing this on Amazon.

La Roche Posay Zero Zinc  //

The Claims / Product Info: A spray toner that purifies and soothes the skin's surface irritations. 

My Experience: Like the Caudalie Beauty Elixer, this is a spray toner, which makes it really easy (and fun) to use. It feels really refreshing and hydrating on the skin, and since it contains zinc, it helps heal my occasional breakouts. 

 

Homeoplasmine  //

The Claims / Product Info: A multi-purpose, non greasy ointment that soothes, protects and moisturizes the skin. 

My Experience: This one definitely lives up to the hype.  It's super moisturizing and totally heals my chapped lips within one use.  It's unique in that it goes on matte, which makes it great to wear under lipstick.  It is also great for soothing skin irritations. I love when a product has multiple uses!

No comments:

Post a Comment