Thursday, February 20, 2014

DISAPPOINTING PRODUCTS #1


Before I purchase a new product I like to do a bit of research. I'll read reviews on blogs, watch demos on youtube, sample it in the store, or even purchase a smaller sized version of it. So, I'm generally pretty happy with my purchases. However, sometimes I end up not loving a product as much as I thought I would. I really like watching other bloggers/youtube beauty girls' videos on "Products I Regret Buying" or "Products Not Worth the Hype," so I thought I'd share some of my disappointing products with you.  On a side note, even though these products didn't work for me, they might work for you.  After all, I read a lot of great reviews before purchasing these products, so others think they're worth the hype.

Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Awakening Blush {Petal} //



This Dior rosy cool-toned blush is supposed to be a universally flattering shade that adjusts to your skin's natural chemistry to create a customized look.  I had such high hopes for this blush. It seemed full-proof.  Despite the bright color in the pan, it goes on sheer, but can be built up. The cool toned color is not the best for my skin tone. In fact, I think it accentuates imperfections in my skin and isn't flattering. On an upside, the packaging is really gorgeous. 

Nars Sheer Matte Foundation {Mont Blanc} // 

This one was partially my fault. When I purchased this Nars Foundation at Sephora, I thought I was getting the Sheer Glow, but I didn't read the fine print and ended up with the matte version. At first, I thought this wasn't going to be such a bad thing. I have combination skin and can get oily throughout the day, so I thought the matte would work nicely. Unfortunately, I didn't care for the finish. It made my skin look and feel dry, but somehow I was still oily in my T-zone by the end of the day. Also, it doesn't apply or blend very easily, and the fact that it costs $45 and doesn't come with a pump is disappointing. They actually sell the pump separately. {Crazy!} However, the color is a nice match, so I'll be exchanging this for the glow version as soon as I get the chance.  Hopefully I will have better luck with that one!


No comments:

Post a Comment